XL Types High-Pressure Rubber Flexible Spider Jaw Coupling
XL Type Flexible Spider Jaw Coupling comprises a convex claw block that can be avoided due to external constraints, internal deformation, and centrifugal impact deformation; in concave-convex claw, the pressure on the surface of the involute tooth is very small, even under overload, the tooth will not wear or deformation.
Flexible jaw couplings are used in power transmission of industrial equipment such as metallurgy, mining, lifting, transportation, petroleum, chemical industry, shipbuilding, textile, light industry, agricultural machinery, and industrial equipment such as pumps, fans, compressors, machine tools, gearboxes, mixers, printing machines, and conveyors.
Easy to install;
Compensate displacement (axial, radial, angular);
XL Star Type Flexible Coupling Main Dimension:
|Shaft hole diameter||L||D||D1||B1||S|
♦Other Products List
|Universal Coupling||WS, WSD, WSP|
|Cardan Shaft||SWC, SWP, SWZ|
|Tooth Coupling||CL, CLZ, GCLD, GIICL,
GICL, NGCL, GGCL, GCLK
|Disc Coupling||JMI, JMIJ, JMII, JMIIJ|
|High Flexible Coupling||LM|
Our company supplies different kinds of products. High quality and reasonable price. We stick to the principle of “quality first, service first, continuous improvement and innovation to meet the customers” for the management and “zero defect, zero complaints” as the quality objective. To perfect our service, we provide products of good quality at a reasonable price.
Welcome to customize products from our factory and please provide your design drawings or contact us if you need other requirements.
1. Design Services
Our design team has experience in coupling relating to product design and development. If you have any needs for your new product or wish to make further improvements, we are here to offer our support.
2. Product Services
raw materials → Cutting → Forging →Rough machining →Shot blasting →Heat treatment →Testing →Fashioning →Cleaning→ Assembly→Packing→Shipping
3. Samples Procedure
We could develop the sample according to your requirement and amend the sample constantly to meet your need.
4. Research & Development
We usually research the new needs of the market and develop new models when there are new cars in the market.
5. Quality Control
Every step should be a special test by Professional Staff according to the standard of ISO9001 and TS16949.
Q 1: Are you a trading company or a manufacturer?
A: We are a professional manufacturer specializing in manufacturing
various series of couplings.
Q 2:Can you do OEM?
Yes, we can. We can do OEM & ODM for all the customers with customized artwork in PDF or AI format.
Q 3:How long is your delivery time?
Generally, it is 20-30 days if the goods are not in stock. It is according to quantity.
Q 4: Do you provide samples? Is it free or extra?
Yes, we could offer the sample but not for free. Actually, we have an excellent price principle, when you make the bulk order then the cost of the sample will be deducted.
Q 5: How extended is your warranty?
A: Our Warranty is 12 months under normal circumstances.
Q 6: What is the MOQ?
A: Usually our MOQ is 1pcs.
Q 7: Do you have inspection procedures for coupling?
A:100% self-inspection before packing.
Q 8: Can I have a visit to your factory before the order?
A: Sure, welcome to visit our factory.
Q 9: What’s your payment?
Add: No.11 HangZhou Road,Chengnan park,HangZhou City,ZheJiang Province,China
Using Jaw Couplings in Hydraulic and Pneumatic Systems
Yes, jaw couplings can be used in both hydraulic and pneumatic systems to connect the driving and driven components. Jaw couplings are versatile and well-suited for various power transmission applications, including those involving fluid-based systems. Here’s how jaw couplings are compatible with hydraulic and pneumatic systems:
- Flexibility: Jaw couplings are made of flexible materials, such as elastomers, which allow for some angular, parallel, and axial misalignment between the shafts. In hydraulic and pneumatic systems, where vibrations and movements are common, the jaw coupling’s ability to accommodate misalignment helps reduce stress on the connected components.
- Shock Absorption: Hydraulic systems often experience pressure surges and hydraulic shocks due to rapid changes in fluid flow. Similarly, pneumatic systems may encounter air pressure fluctuations. Jaw couplings can absorb shocks and vibrations, protecting the system from sudden jolts and minimizing wear on components.
- Corrosion Resistance: Some jaw couplings are available in materials that offer excellent corrosion resistance, making them suitable for hydraulic systems working with hydraulic fluids and pneumatic systems handling compressed air, which may contain moisture.
- Low Inertia: Jaw couplings have low inertia, which is advantageous in applications where quick start-stop responses are required. This characteristic is beneficial in hydraulic and pneumatic systems that need rapid and precise movements.
- Backlash Prevention: Backlash, which can lead to vibrations and inaccuracies, is minimized with jaw couplings. This feature is beneficial in hydraulic and pneumatic systems where precise positioning is crucial.
- Simple Installation: Jaw couplings are easy to install and require minimal maintenance, making them suitable for various hydraulic and pneumatic applications.
- Compatibility with Shaft Sizes: Jaw couplings are available in different sizes and configurations, allowing for compatibility with various shaft diameters commonly found in hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Overall, jaw couplings offer reliable power transmission in hydraulic and pneumatic systems, providing benefits such as flexibility, shock absorption, corrosion resistance, low inertia, and backlash prevention. However, it’s essential to consider factors such as operating conditions, temperature, and the type of fluid used when selecting a jaw coupling for a specific hydraulic or pneumatic application.
What are the common installation mistakes to avoid when using jaw couplings?
Proper installation of jaw couplings is crucial to ensure their reliable and efficient operation. Avoiding common installation mistakes can prevent premature wear, misalignment, and potential equipment damage. Here are some of the most common installation mistakes to avoid when using jaw couplings:
- Incorrect Coupling Size: Using the wrong size of jaw coupling for the application can lead to various issues. Undersized couplings may not handle the required torque, leading to early failure, while oversized couplings may result in increased rotational inertia and decreased system performance. Always ensure that the selected coupling is appropriate for the torque and power requirements of the equipment.
- Misalignment: Improper alignment of the shafts during coupling installation can cause excessive forces and premature wear on the coupling components. Angular, parallel, and axial misalignments should be minimized and kept within the manufacturer’s recommended tolerances. Consider using alignment tools and techniques to achieve accurate shaft alignment.
- Over-Tightening: Applying excessive torque when tightening the coupling elements can lead to deformation of the elastomer spider or damage to the hubs. Over-tightening can also increase friction and cause premature wear. Follow the manufacturer’s specified torque values during installation to ensure proper clamping without causing damage.
- Lack of Lubrication: Some jaw couplings require lubrication to reduce friction and wear. Neglecting to lubricate the coupling elements can lead to increased friction, higher operating temperatures, and reduced coupling life. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding lubrication intervals and types of lubricants to use.
- Failure to Inspect Components: Before installation, carefully inspect all coupling components for any signs of damage, wear, or defects. Using a damaged or worn-out elastomer spider or other components can compromise the coupling’s performance and reliability. Replace any worn or damaged parts before installing the coupling.
- Improper Shaft End Preparation: Ensure that the shaft ends are clean, smooth, and free from burrs or imperfections before installing the coupling. Rough or uneven shaft surfaces can lead to misalignment and reduce coupling performance. Properly clean and prepare the shaft ends to ensure a secure and accurate fit.
- Not Following Manufacturer’s Guidelines: Each jaw coupling has specific installation instructions provided by the manufacturer. Failure to follow these guidelines can result in coupling failure or reduced performance. Always refer to the manufacturer’s installation manual and recommendations for proper installation procedures.
By avoiding these common installation mistakes, users can maximize the performance and longevity of jaw couplings in their applications. Proper installation ensures that the coupling operates efficiently, transmits power effectively, and reduces the risk of unexpected failures or downtime.
Use of Jaw Couplings in Horizontal and Vertical Shaft Arrangements
Jaw couplings are versatile and can be used in both horizontal and vertical shaft arrangements. Their flexible and misalignment-absorbing design makes them suitable for various applications in different orientations.
Horizontal Shaft Arrangements: In horizontal shaft arrangements, the shafts are positioned parallel to the ground. Jaw couplings are commonly employed in this configuration to connect two shafts, such as those found in motor-driven systems, conveyor belts, and pumps.
Vertical Shaft Arrangements: In vertical shaft arrangements, the shafts are positioned perpendicular to the ground, one above the other. Jaw couplings can also be used in this setup to transmit power between the two vertically aligned shafts. Examples of applications with vertical shaft arrangements include some types of gearboxes, vertical pumps, and certain types of compressors.
It’s important to note that when using jaw couplings in vertical shaft arrangements, the weight of the connected equipment can impose axial loads on the coupling. In such cases, the coupling should be selected to handle both the radial and axial loads to ensure reliable performance.
Whether in horizontal or vertical arrangements, jaw couplings provide a cost-effective and efficient method of power transmission while accommodating misalignment and reducing shock loads. However, it is essential to consider the specific application’s requirements and select the appropriate size and type of jaw coupling for optimal performance and longevity.
editor by CX 2023-08-17