Torsional Flexible Maintenance-Free Vibration-Reduced Rotex-Type Universal Claw Coupling
As one of the jaw coupling manufacturers, suppliers, and exporters of mechanical products, We offer jaw coupling and many other products.
Please get in touch with us for details.
A jaw coupling consists of three parts: two metal hubs and an elastomer insert called an element, but often called a “spider.” The three sections are press-fitted together with the lower jaws of each hub, mounted alternately with the spider’s blades. Jaw coupling torque is transmitted through compressed elastomer blades.
These resilient claw coupling stars do not require lubrication and are resistant to oil, grease, moisture, and other contaminants; and also provide highly reliable service for light, medium, and heavy-duty torque transmission motor and internal combustion power transmission applications. Axial insertion, easy assembly, maintenance-free. Balance axial, radial, and angular misalignment. Rated torque from 17Nm to 3600Nm. Operating temperature from -40°C to +90°C. Applications include power transmission to industrial equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors.
Features of Elastic Jaw Coupling Spider:
1. Easy to check and easy to maintain
2. Can absorb vibration, parallelism, angle, and axial deviation
3. The same clockwise and counterclockwise rational properties
4. The material at both ends is iron, and the middle is rubber material
5. Simple configuration, fixed screw type, low price
6. The hole can be processed by itself, which is convenient and fast
How to select and install jaw couplings
Claw couplings are popular for connecting large industrial machines such as pumps, blowers, compressors, and mixers in mechanical power transmission assemblies.
Claw couplings are designed to provide a high degree of flexibility. The star element between the toothed elements provides the ability to bend, which enables the jaw coupling to resist misalignment and absorb unexpected shock loads.
The fail-safe design of the claw coupling means that even after the star element fails, the coupling will continue to drive and transmit power.
When an element fails, the hubs in the jaw coupling interlock and continue to transmit power. Operators are alerted by the noise and can plan an orderly shutdown to replace couplings, but at the same time, their operations will not face any sudden interruptions. The ease of installation of the coupling and its longevity depends on proper shaft alignment.
Features of Jaw Couplings
1. Small size, light weight, simple structure, convenient installation, low cost, often used in low power occasions;
2. The inertial force is small, which is suitable for the connection of two shafts with small torque, high rotational speed and no sharp impact. The nylon slider transmits a small torque, but it is suitable for high-speed operation and does not require lubrication;
3. The transmission torque is large, and the rotating diameter is mostly smaller than that of the gear coupling at the same torque, which can partially replace the gear coupling.