Flexible flex Fluid Chain Jaw flange Gear Rigid Spacer PIN HRC MH NM universal Fenaflex Oldham spline clamp tyre grid hydraulic servo motor shaft Coupling
The function of Shaft coupling:
1. Shafts for connecting separately manufactured units such as motors and generators.
2. If any axis is misaligned.
3. Provides mechanical flexibility.
4. Absorb the transmission of impact load.
5. Prevent overload
We can provide the following couplings.
|Rigid coupling||Flange coupling||Oldham coupling|
|Sleeve or muff coupling||Gear coupling||Bellow coupling|
|Split muff coupling||Flexible coupling||Fluid coupling|
|Clamp or split-muff or compression coupling||Universal coupling||Variable speed coupling|
|Bushed pin-type coupling||Diaphragm coupling||Constant speed coupling|
We are an industrial company specializing in the production of couplings. It has 3 branches: steel casting, forging, and heat treatment. Main products: cross shaft universal coupling, drum gear coupling, non-metallic elastic element coupling, rigid coupling, etc.
The company mainly produces the industry standard JB3241-91 swap JB5513-91 swc. JB3242-93 swz series universal coupling with spider type. It can also design and produce various non-standard universal couplings, other couplings, and mechanical products for users according to special requirements. Currently, the products are mainly sold to major steel companies at home and abroad, the metallurgical steel rolling industry, and leading engine manufacturers, with an annual production capacity of more than 7000 sets.
The company’s quality policy is “quality for survival, variety for development.” In August 2000, the national quality system certification authority audited that its quality assurance system met the requirements of GB/T19002-1994 IDT ISO9002:1994 and obtained the quality system certification certificate with the registration number 0900B5711. It is the first enterprise in the coupling production industry in HangZhou City that passed the ISO9002 quality and constitution certification.
The company pursues the business purpose of “reliable quality, the supremacy of reputation, commitment to business and customer satisfaction” and welcomes customers at home and abroad to choose our products.
At the same time, the company has established long-term cooperative relations with many enterprises and warmly welcomes friends from all walks of life to visit, investigate and negotiate business!
How to use the coupling safely
The coupling is an intermediate connecting part of each motion mechanism, which directly impacts the regular operation of each motion mechanism. Therefore, attention must be paid to:
1. The coupling is not allowed to have more than the specified axis deflection and radial displacement so as not to affect its transmission performance.
2. The bolts of the LINS coupling shall not be loose or damaged.
3. Gear coupling and cross slide coupling shall be lubricated regularly, and lubricating grease shall be added every 2-3 months to avoid severe wear of gear teeth and serious consequences.
4. The tooth width contact length of gear coupling shall not be less than 70%; Its axial displacement shall not be more significant than 5mm
5. The coupling is not allowed to have cracks. If there are cracks, it needs to be replaced (they can be knocked with a small hammer and judged according to the sound).
6. The keys of LINS coupling shall be closely matched and shall not be loosened.
7. The tooth thickness of the gear coupling is worn. When the lifting mechanism exceeds 15% of the original tooth thickness, the operating mechanism exceeds 25%, and the broken tooth is also scrapped.
8. If the elastic ring of the pin coupling and the sealing ring of the gear coupling is damaged or aged, they should be replaced in time.
Packaging & Shipping
Torque and Speed Ratings for Different Sizes of Jaw Couplings
The torque and speed ratings for jaw couplings vary depending on their size and design. Manufacturers typically provide specifications for different sizes of jaw couplings, and it’s essential to select the appropriate coupling based on the specific requirements of the application. Here’s how torque and speed ratings are determined for jaw couplings:
- Torque Rating: The torque rating of a jaw coupling is the maximum amount of torque it can transmit without causing failure. It is typically specified in Newton-meters (Nm) or inch-pounds (in-lb). Larger jaw couplings generally have higher torque ratings than smaller ones, as they can accommodate more substantial loads.
- Speed Rating: The speed rating of a jaw coupling refers to the maximum rotational speed at which it can operate efficiently and reliably. It is usually specified in revolutions per minute (RPM). Higher-speed applications may require jaw couplings designed to handle increased rotational velocities.
It’s essential to carefully match the torque and speed requirements of the application with the appropriate jaw coupling size. Undersized couplings may result in premature failure, while oversized couplings might lead to reduced flexibility and increased wear. Manufacturers’ catalogs or product datasheets provide detailed information on the torque and speed ratings for each coupling size, helping engineers and designers make informed decisions when selecting the right coupling for their specific needs.
Can jaw couplings be used in heavy-duty applications such as mining and construction?
Yes, jaw couplings can be used in heavy-duty applications such as mining and construction, but their suitability depends on various factors. Jaw couplings are commonly employed in a wide range of industrial applications due to their versatility and ability to handle misalignment. However, when considering their usage in heavy-duty environments, several important aspects need to be taken into account:
- Torque and Power Requirements: Heavy-duty applications often involve high torque and power demands. It is crucial to ensure that the selected jaw coupling is rated to handle the specific torque and power levels encountered in the mining and construction machinery. Choosing a coupling with a sufficient torque capacity ensures reliable power transmission without premature failure.
- Material Strength: The materials used in the construction of jaw couplings play a critical role in their ability to withstand heavy-duty applications. Couplings made from robust materials, such as high-strength steel or alloy materials, are better suited for withstanding the demanding conditions found in mining and construction equipment.
- Impact and Shock Resistance: Mining and construction applications involve significant levels of impact and shock loads due to the nature of the work. The jaw coupling must be designed to handle these dynamic loads without compromising its structural integrity. Some jaw couplings feature specially designed elastomers or flexible elements that provide additional shock absorption and reduce the transmitted impact forces.
- Dust and Debris Management: Heavy-duty environments like mining and construction sites often contain high levels of dust, dirt, and debris. These particles can accumulate on the coupling surfaces and lead to premature wear and reduced performance. Selecting jaw couplings with appropriate sealing mechanisms or protective covers can help minimize the ingress of contaminants and extend the coupling’s life in such environments.
- Maintenance and Inspection: Regular maintenance and inspection are crucial in heavy-duty applications to identify any signs of wear, misalignment, or damage to the coupling. Proper maintenance practices can prevent unexpected failures and ensure the equipment operates efficiently and safely.
When considering the use of jaw couplings in heavy-duty applications like mining and construction, it is essential to consult with coupling manufacturers or engineering experts to select the appropriate coupling type and size for the specific application. Some heavy-duty applications might require more specialized coupling designs, such as grid couplings, gear couplings, or disc couplings, which are explicitly engineered for extreme conditions and higher torque capacities. Additionally, following the manufacturer’s guidelines and recommendations for coupling installation, maintenance, and operating parameters is critical to ensure reliable and safe operation in heavy-duty environments.
Comparing Jaw Couplings to Other Types of Couplings in Performance
Jaw couplings offer certain advantages and disadvantages compared to other types of couplings, and their performance characteristics vary based on the specific application requirements. Here’s a comparison of jaw couplings with some commonly used coupling types:
- Jaw Couplings vs. Gear Couplings: Jaw couplings are more economical and easier to install than gear couplings. They can handle misalignment to some extent, but gear couplings are better suited for high torque and high misalignment applications.
- Jaw Couplings vs. Disc Couplings: Both jaw couplings and disc couplings provide some level of misalignment compensation, but disc couplings offer higher torque capacity and better torsional stiffness. Jaw couplings are generally more cost-effective for low to moderate torque applications.
- Jaw Couplings vs. Oldham Couplings: Jaw couplings are torsionally stiffer than Oldham couplings, which means they provide more accurate torque transmission. However, Oldham couplings can accommodate higher misalignment and have no moving parts, making them suitable for some low-speed applications.
- Jaw Couplings vs. Flexible Beam Couplings: Beam couplings are more flexible than jaw couplings and can handle higher misalignment. However, jaw couplings have a higher torque capacity and can dampen vibration better in certain conditions.
Ultimately, the choice of coupling depends on the specific needs of the application, including factors like torque requirements, misalignment, speed, and cost considerations. It’s essential to carefully evaluate the performance characteristics of different coupling types and select the one that best suits the demands of the mechanical system to ensure reliable and efficient power transmission.
editor by CX 2023-10-08