|Item Name||Cushioned Sleeve Bearing Coupling Flexible Coupling NBR Jaw Coupling for Pumps, Motors|
|Application||motor, pumps, gear boxes, compressors, blowers, mixers, and conveyors
|Color||black or as Customer’s Request|
5mm To 8mm (customized)
|Package||According to Your Requirements|
|Processing Method||Compression Molding|
|Service||OEM and ODM Are Also Welcomed|
|Material||Customized. Aluminum, Stainless Steel,NR,SBR, NBR, EPDM, MQ, SR etc.|
|Sample||Available. Trial Sample 7 to 20 days.|
These stainless steel shaft couplers allow you to couple 2 size shafts together. They can be used for connecting motor shafts to drive shafts, or 2 different-sized shafts. These shaft couplers have a length of 0.75″, a outer diameter of 0.42″, and couple 1/4″ to 5mm shafts.
Connect this to that with a set-screw coupler. These couplers are made of machined aluminum and have a spiral cut that makes them slightly flexible so they can be fit to 2 shafts even if they are not perfectly co-linear and will help reduce binding effects.
This coupler will connect a 5mm diameter shaft to an 8mm diameter shaft. A perfect add on for motors. Comes with 2 sets of double set-screws (two per side) for secure attachment. You’ll need a 2mm allen wrench to tighten/loosen the set-screws.
Total Number of Personnel:>350 staffs (as of June.24, 2571)
Total Production scale: >35000 square meters
Head Office: HangZhousun Rubber & Plastic Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Compression Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
Branch Company: HangZhou Mingrui Intelligent Technology Co., Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Molds, Refined Hardware, Intelligent Automation Equipment, etc.
Branch Company: ZheJiang Yousheng New Material Technology Co.,Ltd
Location: HangZhou, ZheJiang
Main Business: Extrusion Molding Rubber Products & Parts, etc.
R&D and Quality Control
HangZhousun’s R&D team has more than 120 staff ,and gathers CZPT and creative experts and professors.
Keeping responsibility in mind, R&D team brings multiple capabilities, supports HangZhousun keep leading at rubber&plastics industry.
R&D team forms strict management system on each project in compliance with latest world scientific standard and requirements.
We strictly emphasize on quality and management control.
Our R&D and production management follows TUV & IS014001 Environmental System.
Beyond these, Our finished products meet approval of ISO9001, IATF16949 & UL quality control system.
HangZhousun can make our products meet standards as customer’s demand like CE, ROHS, REACH, CP65, PAHS, FDA, TSCA,etc.
(IF YOU WANT MORE DETAIL INFORMATION OF OUR COMPANY AND PRODUCTS, WELCOME TO CONTACT AND CHAT WITH US. SHOULD ANY OF OUR ITEMS BE OF INTEREST TO YOU, PLEASE LET US KNOW WITH THE HOPE THAT WE MAY WORK WITH YOU IN THE FUTURE. )
Torque and Speed Ratings for Different Sizes of Jaw Couplings
The torque and speed ratings for jaw couplings vary depending on their size and design. Manufacturers typically provide specifications for different sizes of jaw couplings, and it’s essential to select the appropriate coupling based on the specific requirements of the application. Here’s how torque and speed ratings are determined for jaw couplings:
- Torque Rating: The torque rating of a jaw coupling is the maximum amount of torque it can transmit without causing failure. It is typically specified in Newton-meters (Nm) or inch-pounds (in-lb). Larger jaw couplings generally have higher torque ratings than smaller ones, as they can accommodate more substantial loads.
- Speed Rating: The speed rating of a jaw coupling refers to the maximum rotational speed at which it can operate efficiently and reliably. It is usually specified in revolutions per minute (RPM). Higher-speed applications may require jaw couplings designed to handle increased rotational velocities.
It’s essential to carefully match the torque and speed requirements of the application with the appropriate jaw coupling size. Undersized couplings may result in premature failure, while oversized couplings might lead to reduced flexibility and increased wear. Manufacturers’ catalogs or product datasheets provide detailed information on the torque and speed ratings for each coupling size, helping engineers and designers make informed decisions when selecting the right coupling for their specific needs.
What are the factors influencing the thermal performance of a jaw coupling?
The thermal performance of a jaw coupling is influenced by several factors that affect its ability to dissipate heat and handle temperature fluctuations during operation. Here are the key factors that can impact the thermal performance of a jaw coupling:
- Material Selection: The choice of materials used in the construction of the jaw coupling plays a significant role in its thermal performance. High-quality materials with good thermal conductivity can efficiently dissipate heat, reducing the risk of overheating and premature wear. Common materials used in jaw couplings include steel, aluminum, and various elastomers.
- Elastomer Spider: The elastomer spider in the jaw coupling is a crucial component that can influence thermal performance. The type of elastomer and its specific characteristics, such as hardness and thermal conductivity, can affect the coupling’s ability to absorb and dissipate heat generated during operation.
- Operating Speed: The rotational speed of the coupling impacts its thermal performance. Higher operating speeds can generate more heat due to increased friction and stress on the coupling components. It is essential to ensure that the jaw coupling is rated for the specific operating speed of the application to prevent overheating and premature failure.
- Torque and Load: The torque and load applied to the jaw coupling can also influence its thermal performance. Higher torque and load levels can result in increased heat generation. Properly sizing the coupling based on the application’s torque and load requirements is essential to prevent excessive heat buildup.
- Operating Environment: The environment in which the jaw coupling operates can impact its thermal performance. For example, if the coupling is located in an area with limited airflow or high ambient temperatures, it may experience reduced heat dissipation capabilities. On the other hand, an environment with good ventilation can help in maintaining the coupling’s thermal performance.
- Lubrication: Some jaw couplings may require lubrication to reduce friction and heat generation. Proper lubrication can enhance the coupling’s thermal performance and extend its service life. It is essential to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines regarding the type and frequency of lubrication to ensure optimal performance.
- Continuous vs. Intermittent Operation: The thermal performance of a jaw coupling can also be influenced by the nature of its operation—continuous or intermittent. Intermittent operation allows the coupling to cool down between cycles, reducing the overall heat buildup compared to continuous operation, which may lead to higher operating temperatures.
Overall, careful consideration of these factors is crucial in ensuring the efficient thermal performance of a jaw coupling. Proper selection, installation, and maintenance of the coupling based on the specific application requirements can help prevent overheating, reduce wear, and prolong the coupling’s lifespan.
Types of Jaw Coupling Designs
Jaw couplings come in various designs to meet different application requirements. The main types include:
- One-Piece Jaw Coupling: This design consists of a single piece of material, typically made of steel or aluminum. It offers simplicity and compactness, making it suitable for light to medium-duty applications.
- Two-Piece Jaw Coupling: This design features two separate hubs with a flexible spider placed in between. The two-piece design allows for easier assembly and disassembly, making it convenient for maintenance and replacement of the elastomeric spider.
- Three-Piece Jaw Coupling: In this design, the coupling includes three parts: two hubs and an insert. The hubs are typically made of metal, while the insert is an elastomeric element (spider). Three-piece jaw couplings provide better damping of vibrations and are commonly used in applications where vibration isolation is crucial.
- Customizable Jaw Coupling: Some manufacturers offer customizable jaw couplings, allowing customers to choose different hub styles, materials, and spider hardness to tailor the coupling’s performance for specific applications.
Each design has its advantages and is selected based on factors such as torque requirements, misalignment compensation, and ease of maintenance.
editor by CX 2023-08-18