Rubber Spider Coupling Characteristic:
1. Performance Shock Absorber
2. Low Compression Deformation
3. Corrosion Resistance
4. Oil Resistance
5. High Pressure Resistance
6. Wear Resistance
Rubber Material Compare
|E – Excellent G – Good F – Fair P – Poor|
|Compression Set Resistance||G||G||F||G||E||G||G||F||G||G||F|
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements. All products are compliant
with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS and ASTM regulations. Material report and dimension
checking report are available.
1. Quality Approvals. More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
2. Experienced Staff and Service. Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
3. Product Performance and affordable cost. Superior performance with most competitive price.
4. Prompt Delivery. Faster delivery time.
5. Small Orders Accepted.
|Material||Rubber Metal Bonded, NR Rubber, SBR Rubber, Carbon Steel, Stailess Steel|
|Material Report||FDA, ROHS, UL, WRAS and REACH|
|Dimension||Standard Sizes or As per customers’ Requirement|
|Color||Any colors according to PANTONE or RAL|
|Surface Finish||Texture (VDI/MT standard, or made to client’s sample), polished (high polish, mirror polish), smooth, painting, powder coating, printing, electroplating etc.|
|Service||Custom Made or OEM and ODM|
|Production Ways||CAD Drawing, 3D Files or Samples|
|Production Capacity||200T,300T and 500T Compressing Molding, Injection Molding, Auto Vacuum Vulcanizing, Plastic Injection, and Extrusion|
|Supplying Capacity||One Million Pieces/ Month|
|Tolerance||Generally±0.05mm or Better|
|QC||PPAP, In House Control, Third Party Inspection Institution such SGS, TUV|
|Lead Time||15 Days for Molding, 15-20 Days for Series Production|
|Application||Industry Machinery,Automotive,Mechanical Equipment, Construction, House Application,
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer,
Strip, plug, stopper, grip, seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
Supplying Standard and Customized Rubber & Plastic Parts
Established in 2004, Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber is specialized in providing quality customized rubber molding,
extrusion parts, plastic injection products and some standard parts.
Meeting Various Standards
We have a fully-equipped workshop that meets ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 requirements.
Our products are compliant with FDA, WRAS, UL, RoHS and REACH standards, and meet DIN, JIS
, BS and ASTM regulations.
Parts include, but are not limited to:
Grommet, sleeve, feet, gasket, wheel, bellow, cap, dust cover, pad, washer, Strip, plug, stopper, grip,
seal, bushing, bumper, blocks, and anti vibration mounts etc.
1. What types of rubber do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of rubber, including: Natural Rubber, SBR, CR, NBR, HNBR,
EPDM, Silicone Rubber, FPM, ACM, FK etc.
2. What types of plastic do you use?
Xihu (West Lake) Dis. Rubber has extensive experience in a vast range of plastics, including: ABS, Polypropylene (PP), PVC, POM,
PE, PEEK, Polyamide (PA) Nylons, PBT, etc.
3. What services do you provide?
We offer a broad range of services, including, Custom Rubber Molding, Liquid Injection Molding, Rubber Extrusion, and
Rubber/Plastic to Metal Bonded Parts.
4. Why us?
4.1 More than 15 years professional manufacture experience.
4.2 Professional R&D team, production team, sales team, after-sales service team.
4.3 Superior performance with most competitive price.
4.4 Faster delivery time.
5. Perfect quality control process
5.1 Raw material inspection
All raw materials before warehousing must be tested, and the corresponding physical property report shall be issued,
and compared with the physical property report of raw materials. Only when the test values of the 2 physical property
reports are consistent, can they be warehoused.
5.2 Mold inspection
After mold development or cleaning, we will check the full size of the mold to ensure that the quality of each cavity is
5.3 Product inspection
In the process of product production, inspectors regularly inspect the semi-finished products to ensure the rationality
of the process and control the defective rate within a reasonable range.
5.4 Finished product inspection
The double inspection can ensure that the product appearance and size are 100% qualified.
Accommodating Variable Operating Conditions and Loads with Jaw Couplings
Jaw couplings are designed to accommodate variable operating conditions and loads, making them suitable for a wide range of applications. Here’s how jaw couplings achieve this:
- Flexibility: The elastomeric spider (flexible element) in a jaw coupling provides flexibility, allowing for angular, parallel, and axial misalignment between the connected shafts. This flexibility helps to compensate for minor misalignments that may occur during operation or due to changes in operating conditions.
- Shock Absorption: The elastomeric spider also acts as a shock absorber, dampening vibrations and reducing the impact of sudden loads or shocks. This feature is particularly beneficial in applications where the connected equipment may experience variable or unpredictable loads.
- Torsional Stiffness Options: Jaw couplings are available in different torsional stiffness options, depending on the specific application requirements. Couplings with higher torsional stiffness are suitable for precision applications with minimal misalignment, while those with lower stiffness are ideal for applications with higher misalignment and shock absorption needs.
- Material Selection: Jaw couplings can be manufactured from various materials, such as aluminum, steel, or stainless steel, to suit different environmental conditions and loads. Corrosion-resistant materials are available for harsh environments, ensuring the coupling’s performance remains unaffected by changing operating conditions.
- Size and Torque Ratings: Jaw couplings are available in a wide range of sizes and torque ratings, allowing users to select the appropriate coupling based on the expected operating conditions and torque requirements of the application. It’s essential to choose a coupling size that comfortably handles the maximum expected load.
- Interchangeability: Many jaw couplings are designed to be interchangeable with other manufacturers’ couplings of the same size and type. This feature provides flexibility in sourcing replacements and makes it easier to adapt the coupling to changing requirements or equipment configurations.
Overall, jaw couplings’ ability to handle variable operating conditions, misalignments, and loads makes them versatile and reliable components in a wide range of mechanical systems and applications.
How does a jaw coupling help in power transmission efficiency?
A jaw coupling plays a significant role in enhancing power transmission efficiency in mechanical systems. It achieves this by incorporating several design features that minimize energy losses and maximize the transfer of power from one shaft to another. Here are some ways in which a jaw coupling helps improve power transmission efficiency:
- Mechanical Flexibility: Jaw couplings utilize a flexible elastomer spider as the connecting element between the two shafts. This elastomer spider allows for a certain degree of angular and parallel misalignment between the shafts without imposing significant additional loads on the connected equipment. The mechanical flexibility of the elastomer helps reduce the generation of excess heat and vibration, thereby optimizing power transmission efficiency.
- Vibration Damping: The elastomer spider in a jaw coupling also acts as a vibration-damping element. It absorbs and dissipates vibrations generated during the operation of rotating machinery. By dampening vibrations, the coupling reduces energy losses due to mechanical oscillations, which can otherwise decrease the overall power transmission efficiency.
- Shock Absorption: In addition to damping vibrations, jaw couplings can handle sudden shocks and impacts that may occur during equipment operation. The elastomer spider’s ability to absorb shocks prevents sudden force spikes from propagating through the system and helps maintain steady power transmission, thus improving overall efficiency.
- Reduced Friction: The design of jaw couplings minimizes sliding friction between the shafts and the coupling components. This reduced frictional resistance results in lower energy losses and less heat generation during power transmission, contributing to higher efficiency in the system.
- Torsional Wind-Up Compensation: When torque is transmitted through the shafts, there can be some degree of torsional wind-up or twist in the coupling. Jaw couplings can compensate for this torsional movement, ensuring that the transmitted power reaches the intended equipment without significant losses due to torsional deformation.
- Simple and Robust Design: Jaw couplings have a simple construction, typically consisting of two hubs and an elastomer spider. This straightforward design reduces the number of moving parts and potential points of failure, resulting in a robust and reliable coupling. A reliable coupling minimizes the risk of power losses due to mechanical inefficiencies or breakdowns, thus improving overall power transmission efficiency.
In summary, a jaw coupling enhances power transmission efficiency by providing mechanical flexibility, vibration damping, shock absorption, reduced friction, and torsional wind-up compensation. Its simple and robust design further contributes to reliable power transmission. When selecting a jaw coupling for a specific application, it is essential to consider factors such as torque requirements, operating conditions, and misalignment compensation to ensure optimal efficiency and performance in the system.
Materials Used in Manufacturing Jaw Couplings
Jaw couplings are commonly made from various materials, each offering different properties and suitability for specific applications. Some of the commonly used materials include:
- Polyurethane (PU): PU jaw couplings are known for their flexibility, high elasticity, and resistance to abrasion. They are ideal for applications requiring vibration dampening and shock absorption.
- Aluminum: Aluminum jaw couplings are lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and have good thermal conductivity. They are commonly used in low-to-medium torque applications.
- Steel: Steel jaw couplings offer high strength and durability, making them suitable for heavy-duty applications with high torque requirements.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel jaw couplings are resistant to corrosion and are often used in applications where there is exposure to moisture, chemicals, or harsh environments.
- Bronze: Bronze jaw couplings are known for their excellent wear resistance and low coefficient of friction, making them suitable for applications with high-speed and low lubrication.
- Acetal: Acetal jaw couplings provide good chemical resistance and low moisture absorption, making them suitable for applications where chemical exposure is a concern.
- Nylon: Nylon jaw couplings offer good strength, flexibility, and resistance to wear and chemicals, making them suitable for various industrial applications.
The choice of material depends on factors such as torque requirements, environmental conditions, operating speeds, and budget considerations. Engineers and designers select the appropriate material to ensure that the jaw coupling can perform optimally and withstand the demands of the application.
editor by CX 2023-08-14